The Essence of Senescene

Expected Publication Date: October 20, 2020

Let me first start off saying this has become one of my top ten most favorite books I have ever read! The story itself has five main characters that escape from their retirement home and have an Alice in Wonderland type journey. These five characters that this author has created were so relatable, I could actually find some of my personality traits in each one of them. Her character's were so real and raw and had such amazing views on their life experiences. I was left feeling like I was actually talking with a well travelled senior citizen who has led and is still leading an amazing life. Among her cast of characters my favorite was "Zephy" she was amazing but also broke my heart. I don't want to give too much detail because I don't want to spoil one single sentence of this amazing journey.


Milo's use of the English language is so lyrical and expressive that after every chapter the reader is left with some of the most beautiful and heart wrenching ideas. Her philosophical ideas on religion and the afterlife were spot on and a refreshing idea on the subject of death. I highly, highly recommend this book to anyone at any season of their lives, young, middle aged, or senior, it is truly a book that will span the decades of time and grow with the reader. I personally feel that if I read this book five years from now I will come away with a different idea/feeling from the same story. It is truly a beautiful book and would be an amazing book club read, so many different ideas to bounce off of each other!


As always thanks to Net Galley for an advanced copy for an honest review. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53194261-the-essence-of-senescence

For Purchase:

The Essence of Senescene on Amazon

 

Comments

Popular Posts